It can converts alternating current into a AC voltage, coupled with this device, an ordinary multimeter withnon-contact high current test functions, especially for auto range multimeter, such as: DT420A
AC Current: 1mV/1A (±(2%+0.5mV), refer to clamp meter AC 200A range.
AC Current: 1mV/10A (±(2%+0.5mV), refer to clamp meter AC 600A range.
1) Connect this transducer to the digital multimeter: input black test lead to “COM” terminal, and red test lead to “V” terminal.
2) Set range of the digital multimeter to AC 200mV or 2V function.
3) Set range of the transducer to “1mV/1A”.
4) Press the trigger to open the transformer jaws. Clamp only one conductor, because it is impossible to make measurements when two or three conductors are clamped at the same time.
5) LCD reading is the AC current value (1mV Equivalent to 1A).
6) When only the figure “1” is displayed, over range is being indicated and the range switch has be set to “1mV/10A”, it means 1mV equivalent to 10A.